Here is what you will need:
(adapted from Rachael Ray.com)
– 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
– 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
– 1/4 cup honey
– 2 cups plain granola
– 1 cup rice krispies cereal
– 1/4 cup chocolate baking chips
– 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
– 1/4 cup marshmallows
1) To begin, line a baking pan (I used a 9 x 13) with aluminum foil and lightly coat with baking spray or butter.
2) Combine your butter, honey and brown sugar in a large saucepan on medium heat. Stir until butter is melted.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil on high heat , then lower the heat to a simmer for about 2 minutes. You just want the sugar to cook out of the mixture.
4) Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in your granola and rice krispies cereal.
5) Spread the mixture out into a pan (Just like rice krispies treats) and gently push down.
Quick Hint: The pan I used ( 9×13) was too big, so I just brought the sides of the aluminum foil up until I got to my desired thickness.
6) Sprinkle on your toppings and press them so they stick into your mixture.
7) Allow your bars to cool about 20 minutes then cut them into strips.