My husband and I are not sappy romantics, so with Valentines Day coming up, I started to think about what we could to to celebrate that didn’t involve a box of chocolates (since we are trying to eat healthier), a teddy bear or really a gift of any kind. Seriously, the last thing we need is more stuff.
So what is it that we both enjoy? Adventure! We love to go out and try new things, drive to new places and see new things. It has been awhile since we’ve gone anywhere just the two of us, so I started to look at fun places we could go together to “celebrate” the upcoming “holiday”.
As I made a list, I quickly started to realize that there are many places we could go for an overnight adventure right here in the state of Michigan. Without having to drive a super long way, we could getaway and still be back the next day to relieve the babysitter.
Sounds fun right? Below you’ll find my list of places and things to do in Michigan for Valentines Day, categorized by city. So if you live in one of these cities or want to take a little road trip to visit them, check it out.
|The pool inside the adoba hotel in Dearborn, MI.
Dearborn is a nice little hub just outside the city of Detroit that has quite a bit of adventure within a few mile radius. It is easy to pick and choose what you’d like to do here. Here are a few of my favorites:
– Dinner at Giulio & Sons
. This is one of my favorite restaurants and it just so happens to be inside the adoba hotel. It’s a perfect match.
– Evening Stay at the adoba hotel.
After dinner at Guilio & Sons, take a walk upstairs to a room with a jacuzzi or enjoy laying by the indoor pool while you relax away the winter.
– While your at the Henry Ford Museum, catch a film at the IMAX theatre
|Dessert at the Giulio & Sons restaurant in Dearborn, MI.
Auburn Hills, MI
– Take a walk through the new Sea Life Michigan
exhibit inside the Great Lakes Crossing Mall.
– When your done feeling like you’ve visited a tropical location, walk next door and a tropical themed dinner at the Rainforest Cafe
– Show each other how lucky you are in love at Lucky Strikes
by enjoying some gaming, bowling, food and even drinks.
|Bowling at Lucky Strikes in Novi, MI.
Take a trip to southern Germany without having to stray too far from home! If you like adventure and exploring, this place is full of it!
– Enjoy a full course chicken dinner at the Bavarian Inn
. The buttered noodles are amazing, just saying.
– Stay overnight in a German inspired hotel at the Bavarian Inn lodge
. They even have an indoor water play area to help bring out the kid in you.
– Go shopping! Little Bavaria
is full of fun shops, wine stores and a cheese haus to set you up for a romantic night in your room.
– Have a romantic dinner before the show at the Common Grill
. (Just be sure to make a reservation)
– Stay the night at the Chelsea House
, a beautiful Bed & Breakfast within walking distance of the theatre.
– Take a tour of the Bell’s Brewery
and see how your favorite brews are made. Free guided tours are available at various times on Saturday and Sunday at both the nostalgic original location and the new location in nearby Comstock.
– Taste test new craft beers at Bell’s Eccentric Cafe
. You can also grab a bite to eat and possibly stay for a show. Be sure to try the Java Stout, it’s both beer and coffee!! <–my fav.
– Have a romantic dinner and drinks at the Olde Peninsula Brew Pub
. They also serve their own craft beer on tap as well as other familiar drafts and liquors.
– Stay the night at the swanky Radisson
in downtown Kalamazoo.
|A look inside the Bell’s Brewery in Comstock, MI.
Grand Rapids, MI
– Have dinner at Stella’s Lounge
(an eclectic place and not fancy, but the best burgers & fries around!!)
– Catch a comedy show at Dr. Grins
, located inside the B.O.B.
– Have dinner at Wolfgang Pucks
restaurant inside the MGM. Amazing food!!
Traverse City, MI
– Go wine tasting at the Old Mission Peninsula
– Take a dog sled ride through the winter landscape at Nature’s Kennels to a winter camp for the night. Complete with a wine and cheese tour featuring wines from Northern Michigan wineries.
Can you think of any fun Michigan adventures to add to our list? Share them with us in the comments section below!