Here’s something you didn’t know about me. . . I LOVE vintage tunes. You know the sweet, love centered songs that remind you of days past. I especially love to bring them out around Valentines Day because they remind me of my wedding day. I almost had a 40’s themed wedding! It was close. I had everything picked out to go along the theme, and my husband and I own several vintage cars so it would have been perfect. We were on the vintage track until the day I found my wedding dress. The most beautiful dress I had ever seen, but it didn’t fit the theme. You know how that goes, the dress wins, everything else had to be changed to match the dress. It turned out to be a lovely wedding anyways, but I still wish I had gone with my original vintage theme. We did however dance to Etta James for our first dance, at least I did that.
So right now I am swapping out my Christmas music for my Valentines tunes and wanted to share with you a new CD that I was sent to preview (before it was released, how cool is that?) This CD is called Sentimental Journey by Emmy Rossum. Many of the songs I recognized and could quickly jump in with singing along. A few songs were new to me and I listened attentively to the words, which were lovely. I especially loved that the entire song list had a very authentic sound to it which matched the year in which the songs were originally released. Tell me, do you recognize any of these tunes?
1. “Sentimental Journey” (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
2. “The Object Of My Affection” (Pinky Tomlin)
3. “I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover “(Mort Dixon, Harry M. Woods)
4. “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
5. “(I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time” (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
6. “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
7. “Many Tears Ago” (Winfield Scott)
8. “All I Do Is Dream Of You” (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
9. “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out” (Jimmy Cox)
10. “Autumn Leaves” (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prévert)
11. “Things” (Bobby Darin)
12. “Pretty Paper” (Willie Nelson)
Sentimental Journey by Emmy Rossum releases January 29th, just in time to pick it up for Valentines Day. You can preview the entire CD on I-Tunes or buy it from Amazon.